• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dreaded blue screen error..*PIC* included

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Romain

Registered
Alright whenever im in the midst of playing long BF or HL2 sessions or sometimes when my computers on for awhile just listening to music the sound goes a little beserk and my screen goes black and this screen pops up.
computer0298nd.jpg

The only thing i can do is shut off it off by the power button and restart everything. Its happened a couple of times i dont know how to fix it. When im loading a BF2 server, it sometimes says its enbaling shadowing to have better performance so i dunno if that has to do with anything.

I would point the finger at either a driver problem or RAM (although it could easily be the video card as well). Does it happen with everything at stock? If not, try it with just your ram overclocked or just your video card overclocked, to isolate exactly what is causing the problem. Then lower the OC on that component (or raise voltage or get better cooling).

You can look up the stop codes on MS's website. Might give you a better idea of where to start looking.

I had that problem before. Lower your video card overclock or get some better cooling for it

Not currently overclocking right now. Iv got a 7800GTX 256 cooled by a MAZE4 GPU and Zalman RAMsinks. Iv got a NV-7 DD waterblock i could throw on if i really need to that might help better cool it.

You can look up the stop codes on MS's website. Might give you a better idea of where to start looking.

I looked it up. Found it but couldnt understand what any of it ment. The error doesnt hint to what the problem is at all. Here the MS site http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_swhw.asp
If anyone could help me understand better to how and fix this

That's actaully not the error message in the screenshot. That indicates a disk/fs problem and tells you to run a chkdsk.

This is your BSOD:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314063

While microsoft thinks this is a driver issue (and it very well could be), I've also seen this probem arise from bad RAM, so toss a run of memetest86 overnight at it, then go looking for a driver that's causing you problems.

Alright i tried that before and it said it couldnt find the file

Gnufsh said:
You tried what before? memtest86? Just download a bootable iso and burn it to a cd.

No running memtest86 and it said it couldnt find the file.

Back