• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound Blaster Live! Value + flipping the front and back audio outputs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K-5000

OK, here's the deal.

I'm running an oldie SB Live! Value. A few years ago my sister managed to break the front audio out connection, rendering it unusable. Luckily, this happened at the same time I was starting to wonder if I could find ASIO drivers for the thing, for making delays more reasonable when making music. I happened to come across the kX drivers, a third party driver set for adding ASIO support and assorted other things (http://come.to/sblive/). One of the features of these drivers is flipping the front/back audio channel, though by kX this was argumented not because your front audio connector might be broken but because apparently creative actually made the back audio connector better quality than the front one. :D

Anyways, these drivers have worked fine for me apart from the loss of EAX, which however in many games is replaced by a software sound effects system. Now, however, things might be a bit different. I'm running an Athlon XP 2500+, with 512+512+256 266Mhz DDR RAM and an X850 Pro modded into X850 XT. Judging from what I've read in different tweaking guides and stuff, this setup should give me around 50 fps with 1024x768 and full details on, when playing Battlefield 2. Nevertheless I only get around 24 FPS with medium details. I've begun to think these third party audio drivers might be the culprit, and therefore I would need to know - is there any way of flipping the audio channels with the official drivers?

Thanks,

-K

Back