• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe S-Flex 120mm Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

do these seem like good fans? for a quiet 24.7 server?

http://www.coolerguys.com/sff21.html

Scythe S-FLEX SFF21 Can't get much quieter!

Equipped with Genuine S-FDB* Bearing
This fan is equipped with genuine S-FDB (SONY Fluid Dynamic Bearing) made by SONY corporation.

Market Leading Low-Noise Level
S-FDB technology drastically eliminates the friction between the bearing and the shaft which makes this fan nearly inaudible to human ears. Additional suction magnet optimizes the magnetic force balance within the rotor to achieve the absolute silence. To further achieve the absolute silence, the fan is equipped with the Linear drive IC for reducing electromagnetic noise.

Outstanding Long Life of 15000 Hours
Patent Pending "S-FDB" structure allows the fan to last up to 150000 hours.

Anti-Shock Ability
Conventional ball bearing carries a point contacting structure for the rotation, which gives point supporting situations at dropping impact to damage ball bearing surface which could cause irregular noises. The S-FDB carries a surface contact mechanism for improved anti-shock structure, which is 5 times stronger than the conventional ball bearing.

S-FLEX™ is SONY corp patented bearing technology.
120mm Fan with 150,000 hrs long life
Model #
Dimensions

Fan Speed

Fan Noise

Air Flow
Rated Current

Sku#
SFF21D
120x120x25mm

800rpm

8.7dBA

33.5CFM

0.10A

SFF21E
120x120x25mm

1,200rpm

20.1dBA

49.0CFM

0.15A

SFF21F
120x120x25mm

1,600rpm

28.0dBA

63.7CFM

0.20A

Connector: 3-pin (4-pin adaptor included)
Cable Length: 30cm
Bearing Type: S-FDB (Fluid Dynamic Bearing by SONY Corporation)

MTBF: 150,000 hours
* MTBF of normal ball bearing Fan: 50,000 hours
* MTBF of nolmal sleeve bearing Fan: 20,000 hours

* S-FLEX™ is registered trademark of SONY Corp.

Thinking about dropping by the office after work today and picking up a couple of the 1600 rpm ones for my Scythe Ninja. Then again, my temps are fine with the el-cheepo 120mm fan I bought for the Ninja, so I might want to spend the $30.00 on something more useful, such as getting a new car...

futura2001 said:
Thinking about dropping by the office after work today and picking up a couple of the 1600 rpm ones for my Scythe Ninja. Then again, my temps are fine with the el-cheepo 120mm fan I bought for the Ninja, so I might want to spend the $30.00 on something more useful, such as getting a new car...

well the el-cheepo's in my serves and my workhorse are keeping my up at night .... might be worth a nice nights sleep.

i've only heard the 1200 rmp version and that thing is pretty much as quiet as a Nexus 120(barely a lil higher pitch) but it pushes more air. If you buying multiple, get them at PTS its a dollar cheaper for each fan. If you live locally like me, its even better cuz you dont have to pay for shipping! woohoo!

Back