• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for 3.4EE sl7ch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
your best bet would be ebay

or get to 100 posts *dont spam your way there* so you can get into the classies
and perhaps someone can sell one to ya

theres also forums.anandtech.com and hardforum.com

btw :welcome: to the forums

Hi zigg :welcome: to OC Forums.

You may find one around for 7-800 bucks. Remember that an Extreme Edition is an HT Enabled hand picked cherry CPU. Also, if you buy one, be sure you get good cooling for them. They run hotter than they plain vanilla brothers, and they require carefull attention to cooling. Stock cooling won't cut it. If you want to OC at all, be sure you get good cooling.

A Scythe Ninja, a Tower 120, a XP 120, or water are all good choices with that CPU. Make sure you get a high CFM fan if you want to do OC'ing on air. Water will yeild the best results for the money.

You also may want to loo into the new Pressler CPU's. They are getting great numbers, and outperform the EE, and will ave you some money, but the EE has some features the Pressler does not. If you are into encoding the EE may be a bit better as it's HT enabled. If it's gaming and generral use you want this CPU for, The Pressler will clock like mad, and will give you better performance. :)

Locked in on the 478 socket for a while

I'm kind of locked in on the 478 socket for a while ($$$$). I will wait a year to see where things are going and then switch to one of the newer chips. Even when I switch now it would be still an huge investment, I still could use my case, water cooling system, power supply and drives but I would have to get a chip, memory, MB and the videocard.
For now I like to have my system optimized and enjoy the work and games I run on them.

Thanks

Im also looking for the same CPU. I do know where I can get one at a half decent price. But Im curious whats realy best for number crunching with the Seti@Home software. Thats what i use most of my cpu power for ??.......

I got an 3.4EE last week

I got one last week, see my post #449379.

Sofar it's running pretty sooth. I'm running SPSS and some racing simulations and at 3.8Ghz it's great.

Back