• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

flash gone poop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dz_jad

Whenever I insert my Emprex 512 Drive, it asks for me to "Insert disk into 'x' Drive"
wtf? its starting to **** me off. The drive worked yesturday. I do properties on it, and it says 0 bytes....its not seeing the disk inside the drive? anyone run into this problem before?
I e'mailed Emprex "Support" E-mail, but for some reason I dont think I'll get a reply anytime this month....considering they won't give out a phone number for tech support....just e-mail addresses.
well. anyone?

dz_jad said:
Whenever I insert my Emprex 512 Drive, it asks for me to "Insert disk into 'x' Drive"
wtf? its starting to **** me off. The drive worked yesturday. I do properties on it, and it says 0 bytes....its not seeing the disk inside the drive? anyone run into this problem before?
I e'mailed Emprex "Support" E-mail, but for some reason I dont think I'll get a reply anytime this month....considering they won't give out a phone number for tech support....just e-mail addresses.
well. anyone?

I know zip about these goodies, but did you try uninstalling, and then re-installing the drive for the drive? What does your system==>device manager and hardware wizard report about it's status in control panel?

When you search thru the registry with regedit, do you see anything that looks wrongs with the drive's entries? Did you install something/run something that could have over-written some Windows settings for that drive?

I hate having these hardware/software troubleshoot issues, when you don't have another system somewhat similar to help resolve/isolate/find, what is the troublemaker.

Good luck. You have my sympathies. :bang head

Adak

Did you try it on a different computer, or did you try a different flash drive in that computer? That may help narrow the problem down a little more.

its a plug and play thumbdrive.....
dont need to install drivers, I guess windows has the drivers "generic USB Mass Storeage Drive" or something like that. I've checked everything out minus the registry, and haven't installed anything in the 5 minuets it stopped working.
thanks for trying. I'm on hold with fry's Electronics right now...the phone number I finally found on emprex.com is disconnected.
anyone else? :mad: :mad: I ar't Un happy (see sig)

Now that I think about it, something like that was happening when I tried to put mine in my notebook the other day. But I needed to reload the notebook for something unrelated and after I did, the problem went away. So I'd give it a try in a different computer just to make sure you're not having the same problem I did (whatever that problem was).

sno.lcn said:
Did you try it on a different computer, or did you try a different flash drive in that computer? That may help narrow the problem down a little more.
did both.
I'm just gonna return it. It is making me too :mad: for the money.
gleh.

now I've rebooted, and checked on a total of 6 computers.
when i first got the error, it told me my drive was unformatted, and asked if I wanted to. I said, wtf? and then clicked no, and tried again.
Some computers it says "insert disk in drive" and 2 it asks if I want to format. This one I tried to format, and it says it cant.
I'm just gonna return the POS and get it over with.

Well I hope you have better luck with the next one.
If you get a different kind, I would recommend a Lexar JumpDrive. I have a few and have never had a single problem with any of them. I have had a few problems with a small compusa one I got for like $10 though.
Plus the Lexar has a rubber case, which seems to protect it pretty well considering how hard I am on mine.

on a totally unrelated note except that its usb, can someone recommend me a good (cheap?) usb wireless network adapter?

Spade said:
on a totally unrelated note except that its usb, can someone recommend me a good (cheap?) usb wireless network adapter?

netgears products include free shipping right now on newegg. Most usb wireless devices average the same cost. The "cheapest" would be whichever is cheaper shipping. :)

YGPM> going to link you to a classifieds post. Looks like you have access and being im not allowed to link to them on the open forum, i will pm them to you. Veyr good prices from the buyer.

I have a OCZ flash drive that I had to format.....

leave it in the usb port & reboot the pc & it finally reconized it.

been workin' since.

Sounds like you got a bumb drive there.

Lexar and PNY drives I recommend. Had 2 of each and well my Lexar 256MB (oldest one) is still working lovely after 18 months.

Back