• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

software quits on upload/download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leelegend

when you machine has finished a WU, either during the upload or a download of the next unit the software quits and issues a windows error.

i then restart the FAH and it recognised it has completed another unit and starts another one

please help

lee

alright, let's see if we can figure this out.

what version of the console/graphical client are you using?
or are you using a one-click?
what does the windows error message say?

Also, in the directory where Folding@Home (it is called "FAH" if you have the one-click and "Folding@Home," i think, if you have the graphical client) installed there will be a log file, probably called FAHlog.txt. Copy and paste part of the log where you see the error happening.

The graphical client does that. Try not to open the GUI while it it ULing or DLing. It's a bug in the gaphics when it tries to render the representation of the new protein.

version 5.03, not 1-click

checked the log....nothing

alabma: i will give it a try, thanks mate, is it ok to have the screensaver going?

lee

leelegend said:
version 5.03, not 1-click

checked the log....nothing

alabma: i will give it a try, thanks mate, is it ok to have the screensaver going?

lee

And I think the general consensus would be to NOT run the graphical client and just go with the console - service install (ie wedos one click from the wellcome sticky) is more bullet proof AFTER u uninstall the grahical client 5.03. Just make sure you don't end up with multiples running since it will be no end of grief.

Back