• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EMIII WITH Headless :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've used EM3 to monitor headless machines, following unhappy_mage's instructions in post #3 of the folding boxen thread. I couldn't view the link jstutman posted, but I assume this is what we're talking about...?

THIS may also help a little...

It's from the Folding FAQ and is likely a little out of date, but it may help a little.

People...People... remember this with with the diskless (and subsequently headless
everything) folding, the OS that loads operates like windows but no frills and folds
ONLY. I have to try and remaster this thing without killing everything to get it to
communicate anything but the backup files. I have tried much and nothing works
because it is neither Linux nor is it Windows, Kinda a hybrid of the two and very
efficient as far as I can tell. I just wish I could adjust the flags a little more :(

I was beginning to suspect that, but the title of the tread was/is:
EMIII WITH Headless :)

jstutman's link is a bit confusing...I click on it and get what I believe is a Finnish webpage. ??? The really wierd thing is...when I clicked on that link from a different machine I went to a Japanese site. :eh?:

The Link on his first post I knew was as an example of what he thought would allow
EMIII to access the clients, just giving a sort of 'format' to follow. I have already been
way ahead of that stuff. And , well I have indeed tried it all. I think it is pretty much
a good thing that the clients dont allow any extra access. :) It prevents outside monkey
business :)
Now if there was a program like EMIII that would import the end of the log files and give some of the same information, that would be super cool!! (Dang, how 70's does that sound?)

Back