• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heeeeeelp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theG

Registered
HI

im running a ASUS CUR-DLS dual processor motherboard, with 2 x 1gig pentiums in it. having only recently got it, i bought the best server case i could find, and a couple of 400gig WD caviars, all well so far, so i builf the machine, booted with no nasty beeps etc.....

bu having plugged in to the onboard VGA, i can get nothing up on my monitor, just a flashing green light!!

any suggestions??

I'm hoping those 1Ghz Pentium-IIIs aren't Tualatin-core CPU's cuz the Asus CUR-DLS does not explicitly support Tualatin processors. There's another post in the SMP section about a board that only seems to support 512k Tualatin CPU's NOT the 256k versions?! Can you give us any S-Spec of those CPU's?

yeah they seem to be the coppermine numbers, sorry to be vague, but its something ive cobbled together really!

yeah, the board didnt actually have a bios battery in it, and hadnt had for some time, so down maplins i went.......

Did you give it a try with some AGP card instead of the onboard video? Better take everything out of your case to make sure something like a misplaced stand-off isn't shorting the board out or whatever. Place everything on a table or something, insert some AGP card, a single stick of RAM in the first slot, and connect a PSU. Then clear CMOS (yes, again) and try to fire it up...

-edit- Something else that comes to mind; also try the above with a single CPU in the first Socket, and try both of them in a single setup just in case there's a problem with one of them!!!

Last edited:
Back