• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8n-SLI second card not detected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hotpot

I've just bought another XFX 6800GT to pair up with my existing one in a sli setup on an A8N-SLI motherboard. I've connected the power connectors to both cards, the EZ power plug to motherboard, flipped the EZ selector card on mobo to dual card mode etc. Only the card in the blue slot is showing up in device manager so obviously there is no option for sli. The graphics card that is showing is running at PCI-e X8 so the channel is actually splitting.
I'm using bios 1014 for the motherboard and I have flashed identical bios onto each graphics card. Both graphics cards are working when used individually.
Oddly enough, when the mobo selector is in single card mode, the second graphics card is shown in device manager although obviously sli is not possible as the channel is not split.
In the motherboard bios under 'SLI configuration', I only have the option to enable/disable EZ plug warning and also to set 'SLI broadcast aperture' to auto/disabled. I have aperture on auto and ez warning enabled.
I have tried a range of different mobo bios, chipset drivers and graphics drivers and this second card is simply not detected WHEN IN DUAL CARD MODE. Yet it is detected when EZ selector is in SINGLE CARD MODE.
This is my 5th day at this now at about 8 hours per day. It's driving me crazy. I've contacted the graphics card manufacturer's support, the motherboard manufacturer's support and the place where I bought the mainboard almost 12 months ago. Asus tech support told me to remove the EZ selector card and clean the contacts with a rubber. This did not work but I noticed that the selector card had rev 1.01 on it. The motherboard has rev 1.02 on it. Now I know that this probably refers to the bios installed by default but why print it on the selector card too. Could the selector card and the motherboard itself be incompatible due to these revision discrepancies? I've notified Asus and await their reply.
Can anyone please help?

Back