• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need A list of HSF's that work with IHS removed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Komitet

I have an ASUS K8VSE deluxe, and a A64 3000+ Socket 754, from what I hear I can't use the stock cooler, I went through about 5 pages looking for reccomendations and found none, What are your reccomendations?

TIA, Komitet.

Just an update, I found a way to mount the stock cooler with the IHS removed, on the plastic piece that surrounds the socket, there are 4 "nubs" that the HSF rests on when installed, being as I'm impatient and didn't want to wait for a new cooler to get here I tried mounting the stock HSF.

first thing I did was heat up an exacto knife and slice the "nubs" off, tried mounting the HSF, didn't make good enouch contact, so I got out the sandpaper and sanded the inner lip flat, tried mounting again and voila, good contact.

Right now I'm running @ 2450mhz, on stock voltage, 27*idle, 32*load with an ambient temp of 24*.

Quite happy with this, and saved some money too.

Back