• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

spying with linux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelpi

ok it was on digg not to long ago where you can use a program in linux and with someone's ip see eveything they are looking at on there web broser does aney one know what that is

:rolleyes: I don't think you should go there. It is against the rules in OCF, and you could land yourself some time in the cell...

I think in an instance like this it matters little where and how you plan to use such software.

The fact that the thread title states "spying" leads one to believe that invasion of privacy would be occurring and THAT is something not condoned by this place.

While there is no CLEAR statement in the excerpts below (from the Forum Policy) concerning such activity, it seems fairly clear to me how we stand-
12. Discussion of the unauthorized reproduction, distribution, copying, or theft of copyrighted materials is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to discussion of the use of peer to peer (P2P) applications for the purpose of obtaining copyrighted material. Discussion of P2P programs and networks is not forbidden; but there is to be no connection (stated, implied, or otherwise) to obtaining copyrighted material, or other illegal activities.

13. The management of this Forum does not condone theft, trading in stolen property, or the aiding and abetting of those who do. Any such discussions regarding stolen property will be dealt with swiftly, and the offending member risks complete loss of membership privileges in our Forums.

Additionally, you mention a place that I have not heard of and know nothing about, but it might fall under #6 as well-
6. ABSOLUTELY no posting of Warez (Pirated Software) or links to Warez sites. All such sites are illegal and pose a threat to our continued existence.

We are not a site for learning how to commit piracy or bypass security, nor do we condone in the invasion of the privacy of others.

I agree with roger here. This discussion is now over. If another mod feels this should continue, they can open it but I am to uncomfortable with the topic and the responses it will generate. Not to mention this software is likely illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back