• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty UT RDX200 CF-DR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

Does anyone have this board? I ordered mine a couple of days ago and can't wait to test it out. I have read some reviews and it seems a little worse to nF4 in performance on the southbridge, but it supports Crossfire, has forward ram dividers, 4v vdimm on the 5v rail, and HTT up to 500. I don't think I will ever use 500 but hey it's there.

I just noticed that it has an 8 pin connector and my Fortron Blue Storm AX500-A has a 6 pin connector. Is there going to be compatability issues with the two?

Don't know if that power supply has enough 'kick' to start and run that board well. I used a PC&PowerCooling 510 early SLI supply. It had only the 4 pin P4 12V connector and I used it instead of the as designed 8pin EPS12V connector right next to the 24 pin ATX connector. You have to honor indexing to use the lesser 4 pin P4 instead of the 8 pin EPS connector.

Like I said; I never tried the Blue Storm and don't know if it really is powerful enough; so you can only try it and see.

RGone...

I don't have 8 pin PS either, but I'm working fine.

As far as overclocking, I'm a bit dissapointed. I can't get it stable past 260, but I can't determine yet if it's the board or the mem controller on the cpu. Even so, at 260 (stock cooling, stock voltages), it has been rock solid, relatively cool temps (the NB runs a teensy bit hot, but DFI says it is rated up to 120C and it's running around 53C).

Compared to some other boards, it doesn't come with as many software features, not that it doesn't support them, just DFI doesn't include them. (For example, it supports a bitmap on bootup, and the BIOS includes one, but they don't include a utility to customize it).

Other than not OC'ing to a gazillion jigahertz, i've been satisfied with the board.

Added: My ps is 500watt, but I'm not running two Graphics Cards yet, that might strain 500watt.

Ok. Figured out the PSU issue.

I had another question. Do I have to run my single PCI-E card in the top slot (closest to the cpu) or can I run it in the bottom one?

I have one, I have had a lot of motherboards since I work "in the business" as a PC-Engineer.
I have tried many but this one beats them all. I've gone through Asus A8N-SLI, Asus A8R-MVP lately and this is a better one.

I have reached 312 on HTT and that is pretty high, I have my Opteron 165 at 2.8GHz and my Ballistix at 280 and get ~6600 in 3DMark06 with my single X1900XTX so I state that this motherboard is a good one.
I'm powering it with a Antec NeoPower 480Watt PSU and it works fine.
I'm running "severeal-weeks-stable" setup with 2.6GHz @1.35volt and 260MHz on memory @2.8volt (3-3-3-8 1T)

As for your question about the PCI-e slot.
I use the one closest to CPU but I'm absolutely not sure if this is right or the only way.
I got good 3DMark scores so I'm not off the chart there but it would be interesting to see if it works the same in the lower slot. I canät try myself because I have the waterhoses running through one of the holes in the back (PCI-slot) and that makes it to much of a hassle to change slot.

But perhaps you would do the whole RDX200 community a great favor by testing this.
Because IF IT WOULD WORK it would enable a lot of users to replace the northbridge coler with something else. As it is with the card in the upper slot it is in the way of the chipset. The card in the lower slot would yield some more space.

Please test this and let us know *smile*

a screen of my own record, it might help others with settings and stuff

Back