• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fatal1ty FS-V7 or Water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats exactly what i wanted to find out. best air gpu cooling vs. water. doesnt seem helpful either that there arent many comparisons between the two.

If you already own decent watercooling setup then buy water block and add it to the loop.

Yea I would say if you have the water cooling already, then just get a block and slap it into the loop. I prefer water over air due to noise and just cooling power. My x1800xt gets real hot. Not any more though :)

With the XT i'd say yes, with the XL i'd be a little more hesitant, but it also depends if you have a setup that you can add the water block too.

The XL's have voltage limitations (hence why they aren't XT's). For instance mine can only do 1.225V stable on the core. 1.25 causes crashes over time and 1.275 is nearly an instant crash. Some can get to 1.35V, some can't even break 1.15V on the core.

Now it might be heat related it sure doesn't seem that way sometimes. I run mid 50's to low 60's at max clocks. My setup for it is below and I have a 120mm fan blowing over it with 3 slots open in the back to let air out (overall it helps drop temps about 5-8C).

If you got the XL, see what type of voltage it can take. Even leaving the core/memory speed at stock you'll know when theres an issue because it will lock up the system or start artifacting then lock it up.

Well then... whats a good waterblock for this bad boy? Nows the time to change it around anyway while I have apart still...

Back