• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AW8 BIOS version 16 available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trey_w

ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/aw8

Version: 16
Released Date: 2006-02-13
File Size: 397 KB
Download Time (56K): 58.1 sec
Description:
Enhanced compatibility with certain DDR2-667 memories.
Update CPU micro code.
The POST screen now show correctly when ATI X1300 VGA card installed.
BIOS compiled date: 1/23/2006

I'm very disappointed. I waited this long for them to fix the freakin' RAM problems and they made it worse. I can't even boot up with my OCZ RAM. I had to pull them out and put in my Kingston RAM. Looks like I have to flash back to BIOS 15. This is BS.

I couldnt use my OCZ ram with BIOS 15 so I had to revert to BIOS 14. Once I updated to BIOS 16 (clearing the CMOS) my memory issues no longer appear. By the way, make sure your not using the Flash Guru one click update. If you do, it will only install BIOS 15 (i guess they dont have 16 ready for this feature. I used the update via file method. Batboy, how did you upgrade and what OCZ ram are you using?

By the way, this is the last Abit board I purchase. I have a 2,000 dollar system that is crippled because of a crappy BIOS

I downloaded BIOS 16 and then used the "update from file" option, just like I always do. I have to use 15 or 16 because I have a Presler CPU. I back flashed and BIOS 15 is working with my OCZ RAM again, but I'm stuck with only the 1:1 ratio, which is ok I guess. But, this BIOS 16 shouldn't of screwed it up worse. I had the same problem with BIOS 1.1 too. Sad to say, this is probably my last Abit also. I've run Abit mobos for 7 years now, but I ain't puttin' up with crappy BIOS support. That used to be Abit's best selling point.

Are you getting the 50 Ohm ODT not supported message on the OCZ memory? Thats the message I was getting and then it would drop my memory speed to pc2100 speeds from pc5400

You might want to take a look at the Abit forums.... people are still having issues with different types of memory..........

Anyone want to purchase this board from me :bang head

50 bucks!

This board loves my ram... I even ordered an NI8-SLI GR :eek:... Wish me luck...

I'm running two sticks of Centon DRR2 533 at 667 with tightened timings. They are 1GB sticks, and I haven't had any ram issue's... :shrug:

Last edited:
Back