• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running 3 drives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dowop

My mb has 4 connections for sata,2 promise,2via.
I cant run a promise & via at the same time.
I also have 2 ide connections.
Can I run via & ide drives at the same time??

You should be able to run everything with no problem. Make sure your drivers are up to date and make sure your not overclocking. Or if you want to overclock don't use the via sata.

This is probably a real stupid question.
Can I clone my OS to the ide drive off of my sata drive with the via drivers in it & expect the IDE drive to work?

Unfortunately from what I have read some MB's dont let you use both brands of SATA connectors at same time.. Only time you know you wont have a problem is when all 4 connectors are the same manufacturer.

CGR said:
Unfortunately from what I have read some MB's dont let you use both brands of SATA connectors at same time.. Only time you know you wont have a problem is when all 4 connectors are the same manufacturer.
Huh???

check your bios settings, some bios you have to enable an "enhanced" mode to use all connectors - i had that on my ABit Ai7 to use IDE and SATA.

Back