• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1x1GB Corsair VS UCCC Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrutalDrew

I recently built a budget Sempron rig and "settled" with just Corsair VS. I bought them and it turned out that I was lucky enough to get some with UCCC chips.

I am not done messing with this RAM, but since UCCC typically does best @ 3-4-4-8 w/ 2.7v-2.8v I thought I would try that. So here is my result:

260MHz @ 3-4-4-8 w/ 2.7v
memory2608ay.png

The tightest timings I could get at DDR400 was 2.5-3-3. At those timings it could do 240MHz w/ 2.6v and 256MHz w/ 2.7v. I'll probably run it around there.

Last edited:
I forgot that the Value Select was pc3200 execpt for DDR2.

That's wierd because I have a Value Select 512mb stick that only has wierd numbers on the IC's. I thought that VS was a brand of it's own.

Do you have pics of the IC's?

I currently do not have pics since my camera is crap and doesn't work. If you really want pics I could try to borrow a friends camera.

I was suprised when I found out they were UCCC too. I bought the RAM with the plan to just run them at stock speeds because they wouldn't overclock well at all. I decided to try and it got 240MHz @ 2.5-3-3-8 w/ 2.6v. Then I pulled it out of my system and was amazed by the fact that they were UCCC.

I may be able to get it a little higher, but it won't be anything substantial. I tried 265 @ 3-4-4-8 w/ 2.8v and it failed Memtest86+ test # 5 after a few passes. I didn't try 2.9v, but I doubt it will help any.

Drive strength, Trfc, and Trc would be the second. Then Twtr and Trtw could help a little. If you are running 1T switch to 2T and that should give you alot more room.

Thanks. I could probably get it a little farther, but I don't think I'm going to try. Assuming my CPU will do 2.4GHz (which seems like the average) I would run a 300 HTT with a 5:6 divider giving me 240MHz which it can do w/ 2.6v @ 2.5-3-3-8. It probably won't be Windows stable at those settings though. It should be w/ 2.7v.

Back