• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help with my overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent_Johnson

Registered
Okay cpu is @ 2710 (301 X 9), HTTX3, computer refuses to boot up until I back the memory divider down to 133, which sux for this ram. 1T or 2T makes no difference. What am I doing wrong here?

Dram Freq:133
cpc: 1T
cas:3
trcd: 4
tras:8
trp:4
trc:7
trfc:18
trrd: 2
ter: 2
twtr: 2
trwt: 3
tref: 3684
Dram bank: enable

skew control: Auto
Dqs value: 0
Dram drive strength: (currently set to auto-bios says weak1/normal1, weak2/normal2, weak3/normal3, etc. Most settings just say normal but my bios has like 4 normals and 4 weaks. Have tried different settings to no avail)
Dram data strength: 1
ddram response time: normal
max async latency:8
read preamble time:5
idlecycle limit:256
dynamic counter: Enable
R/W queue bypass: 16
bypass max:7
32byte granularity: disable

Dram voltage 2.7
Cpu voltage 1.475

First, which slots do you have the ram on. Secondly, have you tried just using one stick at a time and see if one of them is busted.

Have you checked stability at your current settings (using Prime95 or OCCT)? Maybe you've reached/passed the limit of your CPU. You could check in these forums what people are getting wuth your stepping.

otogrim said:
First, which slots do you have the ram on. Secondly, have you tried just using one stick at a time and see if one of them is busted.

No I haven't done that but the computer recognizes them both at post. I can pass super_PI 32M at this speed but it fails prime and sp2004 within 15 minutes. So does that mean it's likely the cpu, either not enough juice or the divider?

What is the error yo're getting in prime95? If you're getting a .45973418057341 or some such crzy number error then it should be the CPU and if it's a more exacta one it like .4 expected .5 then it tends to be the memory.

Also too have you tried to drop the cpu speed down and see if the memory stabilizes out?

I think those stcks are UCCC not 100% on that tho so don't quote me.

Try adding more voltage too to see if that stabilizes it, 133 is the divider then you're ram is running at what 199.5? so DDR400?

Finally the slots on the DFI mobo tend to be selective, the orange slots tend to be the better ones i'd switch them and test it like suggested.

Back