• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats a good sli setup for less then $550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anothermbdusted

whats a good sli setup for less then $600

just what the title says i need a board that is socket 939,w/SLI, video card ,memory.......

newegg refunded my money for my evga order so im going to get something else so if theres a deal out there on the net post the link...NO EVGA COMBO's!!!please

Last edited:
well i only wanted one card for right now and a second later on when it gets a little slow

I would strongly suggest you grab an XFX 6800GS :)

Pros:
1.Faster than a 6800GT
2.Runs cooler than a 6800GT
3.CHEAP as it is. It can only drop lower when the 7900 series comes out.
4.My Fortron Bluestorm AX500A is powering it with no hiccups. Its not a power hog like the GT. I also have 8 case fans and heavily overvolted CPU/BH5. :)
5.On stock cooling, I think I stand #3 in the world with a 6800GS SLI. I did not even replace the stock thermal compound with AS5. All this is straight out of the box.

Cons:
1.If you are using a modded NF4 U-D like me, the SLI setup will smother your chipset, making it hot. Try getting a true SLI board.
2. A bit noisy.
3. Puts out a fair amount of heat.

If you have more Q's, send me a pm. :)

S-N

well i settled on a asus a8n sli premium and a 7800gt. thanks super for all your help (pm's) hope everything works when i get it..

ty rseven im just hoping i can get the card from the stock 470x1100 to a total of 500x1200 ill have to see if the stock cooler or the zalmen 700culed cooler is better.will let you know

Back