• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a8n32 problem with internet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

augerpro

I just built my new comp with the a8n32. Neither ethernet port will connect with the internet. I have comcast cable. I reloaded another comp tonight and it had no problem connecting. I installed the latest nforce drivers 6.85. I get a popup saying limited or no connection on the port. Also the marvell port doesn't connect either. HELP!

First ?, did you install the drivers for the ports? Two ports, two different drivers. The marvel is the 'north' port, the nVidia the 'south.' I inadvertantnly installed both and then disabled the nVidia in device manager 'cause otherwise you get a pop up every five mintues that ther's' not a network connection on that particular port.
Install drivers for port of choice, then go into internet connections and create a bridge between the icons, and you should be there.

When you did the install did you install the Nvidia firewall / network management piece? If so then that may be your problem. If it's not too painfull I'd do a format and reinstall and just install the ethernet drivers only not the firewall network management stuff.

Thanks mrgreenjeans. I'll try that.Also I did install the latest nforce drivers and the marvel yukon driver and marvel VCT package. That about right?

Do you run with the nvidia port disabled?

Well that didn't work, but I might have screwed something up loading and reloading drivers. I'm gonna reload the os and start over.

Edit: what does bridging the connections actually do? do you jave any preferance as to which port to use?

Last edited:
Reloarded OS, installed nvidia chipset driver 6.85, installed the marvel yukon driver, bridged connections between those two and NOTHING! Both ports are lighting up. When I check each windows says there is no problem.

trying both IE and firefox.
wtf? this is starting to get me hot. please help someone!!

problem solved. kinda got sidetracked reading all the post about ethernet problems with this board. reset modem all cool now

So you disabled it because you were getting error popups? I haven't got any yet so I left both enabled.

The little idiot reminder that pops up out of the system tray every five minutes or so that there wasn't an internet connection. Duh? Probably could've disabled the reminder just as easily.

I've never even tried the nvidia port, I only use the Marvel. I've read so many complaints about the firewall on nvidia's chipset that I never even bothered to try it. I just use ZoneAlarm and sleep well at night.

Back