• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where to buy lexan/plexiglass in canada

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hainer36

where would i be able to find lexan/plexiglass (whatever yta call it) in canada

im looking to buy the "smoke" kind (its black but see-through) as im going to build a UFO-U2 case completely out of it

even if you know where to find it in the states, that can give me an idea of stores here as well

I'm pretty sure the Ace Hardware i work at can order stuff like that, so maybe try a hardware store (do they have ACE up in canda?).

i dont believe we have an ace hardware....well at least not around me

but i shall check with the local hardware stores...ie
home hardware, canadian tire, home depot, and i shall look for glass places around here too

no no no, not hardware stores. they only stock sizes that contractors request. Check your local phone book for plastics shop or order what you need through http://www.mcmaster.com
They ship to Canada (and pretty much anywhere) using UPS, but I don't know what rates or charges apply.

At my hardware store we can cut any size you want out of plex, lexan, or glass. We have about 50 different sizes of glass and plex on hand at all times.

If you get a chance to go to Toronto, head over to Active Surplus. Don't let the craptacular website fool you, it's well worth the look around inside there. I haven't been there in over a year but every time I've been there in the past they have had plenty of lexan in all shapes, colors and sizes. One time they even had some that was over two inches thick if you can believe that! They sell by weight and the prices are good.

Back