• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant boot when my dvd drive is in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Point Blank

Registered
k its weird but when i plug in my dvd player and try to boot up it gets stuck at the windows loading screen and wont do anything till u turn off the comp,it works fine witht he cd player in but wont with the dvd player, any advice, ive already installed drivers for the thing, still wont work.

i just checked and it was on master, i put it on slave and tried but i got the same problem, it also wont boot up without the cd drive connected, could it be a bios problem?

also i am not sure if this matters so much with cd drives...but one has to be MAster WITH a slave present...and the other is the slave...i know in HDD you have to have it like that to work most times.

Also my other though is that MAYBE you have something in the DVD drive and it is trying to boot from it...but it normaly wouldn't even go past the POST so don't know, sorry.

Back