• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Quick Questions about 7800GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaDoNx

Registered
Question 1.
I bought a 6800GT, around a year ago when 7800GT wasnt out yet. I also bought with it NV Silencer 5. Now im wondering if it is capable to be used with my new 7800GT. I notice that now the NV Silencer 5 says, "now supports 7800GT" and also noticed it came with like a back plate for the memory, which my cooler did not come with a year ago. I was wondering whether I could use this cooler with my new vid card (7800GT)

Question 2.

EVGA is sending me a new 6800GT since my old one stopped working. When I do get it, can I run it in sli with 7800GT? Im guessing somehow I would have to make my 7800GT act like a 6800GT.. and if so.. is it beneficial to do so?

Thanks ahead of time for any advice!

Answer to #1: Only if it is the rev3 of the NV Silencer 5. Since it is a year old, I doubt that it is a rev3 model

Answer to #2: No

ok, and how can i tell whether it is a revision 3 model? and if i do have the older model.. is it possible to mod it to fit the 7800GT?

Back