• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok, opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bloodyvs

Registered
first off thanks again for anyone whos helped me, made this alot eisier

case: Antec Performance I P-160W $99.99
cpu: AMD Opteron 165 $332
psu: ocz powerstream 520 $139.99
vcard: SAPPHIRE 100149 Radeon X1900XT 512MB $519
ram: G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 $194
mobo: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D $129
hd: Western Digital 300GB SATA I drive $123.00
cd drive: NEC Silver IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3550A - OEM $38.99

total: $1575.97

so i wont be ordering until prolly around first of april till i get my b-day money and some paychecks, but if i were to go online and buy these parts i would have a complete running comp, or are there other lil buts and pieces i have to buy? and do i need to get a new OS, i have xp on this Dell that i have had for like 4 years but not sure if i can transfer it. sound card?

appreciate any coments, i came in a lil under my budget so suggestions to save some money or improve performance for a lil extra are all welcome.

thanks

EDIT: changed HD

Last edited:
Very nice setup :):thup: Only one thing...Why the IDE Hard drive?
If you decide to go SATA WD has a 300GB SATA I drive $123.00

Everything seems good and it will be a great computer. May I suggest you get a new heatsink for your CPU as well, something like the XP-90c or Sycthe Ninja. You might want to get a heatsink for your video card as well, but thats up to you.

ok i changed the harddrive, what about my OS question? will my windows xp that came on my comp work on that? i found out i dont need a sound card..stupid.. and also i am planning on overclocking and i tried to pick out these parts for OCing, that all look good?

Windows XP from your dell won't work on any other system than the dell. So you'll need to get a new disc/key.

System looks great!!

Back