• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI and Liquid Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TreeNode

I've been looking into a good liquid (who really uses water) cooling solution for my SLI setup. The best I've found so far, in which I'd like to keep everything internal and small as possible (mid-tower), is the Koolance PC3-426BK Plus. This provides at least 680w of cooling performance all within a single case.

I'm looking for suggestions as to which water blocks, tubing, hose splitters/adapters, and liquid coolant is simply the BEST for this setup?

Or if you know of a better case/liquid cooling combo, that'd be great!

My system is in my signature...

This provides at least 680w of cooling performance
pay absolutely no attention to marketing hype
oh and that system while quiet will not do very well if you OC at all and want to watercool your sli

the only good thing is that for a non OCd unit it is quiet and its a lian li case

I've been trying to figure out the best solution to keep both my GPUs cool. Research on liquid cooling SLI configurations is limited. I think I have the blocks down, the DD SLI ones I found costs $260. In fact, all the blocks alone would cost over $550. Which pumps/radiators would you recommend for this setup? I want to keep as much stuff internal as I can.

TreeNode said:
I've been trying to figure out the best solution to keep both my GPUs cool. Research on liquid cooling SLI configurations is limited. I think I have the blocks down, the DD SLI ones I found costs $260. In fact, all the blocks alone would cost over $550. Which pumps/radiators would you recommend for this setup? I want to keep as much stuff internal as I can.
Why not get the slim Maze 4 blocks or slim Silverprop blocks?

TreeNode said:
Swifteck MCW55's.

Attachments

• Sli.jpg
    Sli.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 255
How much room do those blocks take up? Would you be able to put a pci card between them if you needed to?

yeah i agree 550 is way too much, get some maze 4 low profiles or low profile silverprops with some OCZ ramsinks and you're all set. Should be a bit less restrictive than those nv7800 coolers and they will not be compatible with just one card.

billb said:
Swifteck MCW55's.

Hey, dude. Does the 90* setup like that affect your flow much? I'm asking because I don't like the amount of torque my tubing is placing on my cards with my 55's, and those elbows look to be a good solution. I'm running my SLI alone on their own MCW350.

Kil4Thril said:
Hey, dude. Does the 90* setup like that affect your flow much? I'm asking because I don't like the amount of torque my tubing is placing on my cards with my 55's, and those elbows look to be a good solution. I'm running my SLI alone on their own MCW350.
No, they're 3/4" set up like in the pic below. I* havn't checked flow w/wo these, but I can't see them being as restrictive as even 2 feet of 1/2" tube. I'm getting 1.5 gpm flows.

Attachments

• barbs.jpg
    barbs.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Back