• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Core Center please....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

triet

:bang head New to OC Forums. Have been reading a lot. I have K8N Neo2 Platinum, but everytime I run Core Center I get this error message: "Core Center does not support your motherboard!" I've searching through the forum, but no luck. Maybe I'm not using the right key words. Anyway, appreciate if any one can help who has come accross this problem before.

One more question: Besides going into the BIOS, are there any other software that allows you to makes changes to the BIOS (like Core Center) from Windows?

Do yourself a huge favor and uninstall core center before you end up shooting
yourself... Do all your overclocking through bios. Ntune will work to monitor
your temps, and I've found it to be stable once core center is gone.
Hope this helps you.....

Tom, thanks for the quick response. From mobo manual, it sounded like a pretty good software to have. Anyway, i can live without it.

Another question to the forum I have is that I'm starting to play around with oc'ing (first time). I've read and applied the suggestions and recommendations from this forum (and others). I have an Athlon 3500+, I'm able to get it to 2.5 GHz with 1.C modded BIOS (sideeffect). This BIOS by default disable the SATA. So when I go and enable the SATA, then it won't boot. Is this a known issue for this board (K8N Neo2 Platinum)? Thanks in advance for your help.

I use that same bios and two SATA hard drives and I have never had a problem, so I don't think it's a bug. Are you making sure the boot drive priority is properly set? It sounds like when you activate the SATA drive the bios is setting as the boot drive when you do not mean it to.

Also, I just wanted to second what Tom said about Core Center. It is lousy software and you are better off without it.

wow, i got rseven helping me! I feel honored. Read a lot of your posts. Can you elaborate a little more about this "boot drive priority"? I will also search for it in the forum. My SATA drive is where my XP lives.

TIA,
-Triet

I had an error message problem as well. I found a fix on MSI forums. In my case it was incompatability with my Audigy2 software. All I had to do is disable a certain software part at startup. It solved the problem. Search official MSI Forums for more info if you got the same card. Good luck!

triet said:
wow, i got rseven helping me! I feel honored. Read a lot of your posts. Can you elaborate a little more about this "boot drive priority"? I will also search for it in the forum. My SATA drive is where my XP lives.

TIA,
-Triet
I'm not able to access my computer for a while, so I can't check this on my rig, but the boot drive priority is a second boot option. Obviously, you get to pick whether to boot from a floppy, CD or hard drive. However, this is another setting where you pick which hard drive is the proper boot drive. Also, are you using SATA 3 and 4 located next to the CPU?

BTW, my help is no honor, but thank you. I apologize for not being able to be more specific about the bios, but I don't have the manual or the board in front of me to refer to.

Yes. I have located the setting you're referring to. As it turns out, it was due to my memory. I tune down the my memory from 200MHz to 133MHz, and it works. Although I don't know if this is the best setting, but I will continue to read more. This forum is great! Thanks for everyone's help.

-Triet

you shouldn't run the memory (RAM) at a lower rate/speed than the psu, as that will make it perform below its capacity (rseven correct me if i'm wrong), so i have been told, and it works for me, that you stick your RAM ratio to 1:1...
you never know

Back