• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Commandos Strike Force Demo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kukyfrope

Description:
In a new direction for the multi-million selling series, Commandos Strike Force takes you right into the heart of the action from a first person perspective. Take control of the three members of the 'Strike Force' unit, each with their own play style. Switch between the Green Beret, always at the heart of the action with his expertise in combat and the use of heavy weaponry, the Sniper with his nerves of steel and expert marksmanship, and the Spy, stealthily striking at the heart of the enemy. However, it is up to you how you execute plans of attack by combining the Commandos' unique skills.
Before you say "just another war FPS or COD ripoff" watch the game trailer below. I don't know if it's rendered cinema footage or what, but looks pretty nice, so put those SLI systems to use :)

Game Trailer (flash video on official site)
Demo Download

Just in time for the weekend :santa:

Looks good. One of the multiplayer options souns like fun.

A quote from gamespot.com:

The game will feature 16-player multiplayer, with deathmatch and team deathmatch modes. However, the most interesting mode is sabotage, which sounds really cool. Basically, it's a team mode in which both teams are attempting to get the codes to arm a bomb. However, to get the codes, one player on each team has to be a spy. You don't "kill" one another in this game; rather, if you shoot someone enough, that person will fall "injured" onto the battlefield. You then must have your spy "interrogate" the fallen player, which takes a small amount of time, which means that the rest of the team has to protect the spy while the interrogation is in process. Once the interrogation is finished, the spy will have a part of the code. Repeat the process enough, and you'll be able to detonate the bomb. Of course, keep in mind that the other team is trying to do the same thing to you.

It is not worth the download. You can only play it at the lowest resolution which is 800*600 I believe. You cant mess around with the AA and AF and the graphics look pretty bad.

Michael Warren said:
It is not worth the download. You can only play it at the lowest resolution which is 800*600 I believe. You cant mess around with the AA and AF and the graphics look pretty bad.

To change the resolution:

Open X:\Program Files\Eidos\Pyro Studios\Commandos Strike Force Demo\config\JuegoVer.cfg (X indicates ur HDD).

Change this line:
.resolution ( 800.000000 600.000000 )
to
.resolution ( 1024.000000 768.000000 )
or
.resolution ( 1280.000000 1024.000000 ) ect.

Played it, interesting graphics engine. The stealth thing was pretty cool, reminds me of a WWII (Hitman) Haha. The Resolution edit worked just fine by the way. Curious to see what the graphics look on max since the demo barely lets you turn it up but doesn't look too bad at all.

Back