• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Subwoofer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bcm406

Registered
I have a subwoofer from my home theater system that I would like use on my pc. Is this possible? What would it take to make this happen?

you need to have your sub hooked up to a reciever. Then get a receiver with an optical in and a soundcard with one out. Then set your sub up with the reciever and your system should kick

As for your sub, if you want to run a car audio sub, which is chaper, you can buy an amp that will work in your house at sweetwater.com you can mess around on their site, or their sales team is really great. Just tell them you ohm, channels and preffeered RMS power, and they will help you out.

Actualy you can hook it up to your computer, what kind of soundcard and subwoofer amp do you have? if it has RCA cable inputs, you can get a mini to RCA cable cable, and hook up the sub to the subwoofer out on a 5.1 or higher soundcard.

Back