• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Wetter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metloaf

Anyone use this before? I just got some for my system and I am hesitant to use it now because I heard that it can foul up and clog a water cooling system. Is that true or am I safe to use it with a coolant/distilled water mixture? :cool:

I plan on running it with a DD TDX cpu block, a PolarFlo TT GPU block and a heater core, with a 370 gph pump. All of it is 1/2".

Stuff works great !!!

just pre-mix it in a 2 liter bottle & use that to fill your system.

Oh, hehehe, ygpm too. :D

Thanks Warrior, that's what I was hoping for I was just concerned due to the restriction in the heater core. Thanks again. :cool:

I have been using a White Water block fooooorever.

(very tight insides)

I use the proper mixture for 2 liters, mixed with not just distilled water, but RO water.
(the little drinking water tap along side the sink ....+ my house has "conditioned water")

Distiled water should work just fine.

Just keep an eye on the level. I have an evaporation problem, it's this stupid blue tubing I'm using.

Not sure what it is exactly, tygon? but I didn't have this prob with the clear vynal ? vinal? -other stuff.

:cool:

Indeed the stuff smells terrible, not really a concern in a closed loop tho. I used it, and it clouded up my tubing, but at the same time so has every other coolant I've tried. At any rate, I didn't have any complaints with its performance.

I am about to put all of my stuff together and I am using water wetter. I will let you know if it clouds up my system.

I used Water Wetter for a year in my system. If it makes your water really pink, you used too much. I filled up my loop and bleeded with 100% Distilled, and after 30 minutes when all the loop was bled, I put two capfuls into the t-line and it takes about 5 minutes to disperse into the loop.

About the clouding, you wont' be able to tell for about a month or so, but pretty much any additive will cloud your tubing to a certain extent.

Maviryk said:
If it makes your water really pink, you used too much. I filled up my loop and bleeded with 100% Distilled, and after 30 minutes when all the loop was bled, I put two capfuls into the t-line and it takes about 5 minutes to disperse into the loop.
Yea I've read about people using an entire bottle of this stuff, not recommended. I also only used a couple capfuls of WW, which is what the directions suggested.

Maviryk said:
About the clouding, you wont' be able to tell for about a month or so, but pretty much any additive will cloud your tubing to a certain extent.
I concur.

I used it when I first started water cooling. I have moved on because it did cloud the water, gunk up and stain the tubes. Of course I used way too much at first.

Thanks for a ll the input, I only plan on using a little bit maybe 1-2 capfulls and mixed with coolant/distilled water mixture. I don't really care about it being cloudy, because I'm pretty sure the coolant will do the same. I was just more concerned about fouling up the system, specifically the pump and the heater core, which appears to be the most restrictive point in my system so far. Thanks again, good info. :cool:

Zerex is nice if you haven't already picked up the WW, but if you have it already it will be fine. It won't foul anything up, and if I'm not mistaken the WW and Zerex both have corrosion inhibiters, so you could probably get away with just distilled and a biocide.

Back