• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF Internet hax?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipersfate

I was just finishing up learnign how to use Mcaffee (sp?) PErsonal Firewall, and it tells you what it trying to connect to you computer...

RR.COM
SWBELL.NET
http://www.ripe.net/
shawcable.net
Interop Show Network
CHINA RAILWAY TELECOMMUNICATIONS CENTER

And alot more (No spyware detected using SPybot, Adaware, and Windows AntiSpyware (Microsoft)

What the hell? Why are all these random companies trying to connect to my pc? most commonly 15495. Anyone have a clue?

sounds like random port scanning, are you behind a router or directly plugged into a modem. If you get a NAT device and get behind that all that random traffic should stop.

I'm behind a router.

Oh..wait..one second.

"Block Anonymous Internet Requests"

damn ATT, SBC, CHina, ARG!

Well I'm not to sure about this. Ripe.net is a regional internet regestry, I have heard about that. The rest i am not sure about. China Railway telecomms center sounds a bit sus though.

ThE cHiCkEn said:
Well I'm not to sure about this. Ripe.net is a regional internet regestry, I have heard about that. The rest i am not sure about. China Railway telecomms center sounds a bit sus though.

thats what I was thinking, as long as Mcaffee keeps em blocked.

Your title reminded me of a clever little picture. So I will post it :D

WTF-hax.jpg

kayson said:
Your title reminded me of a clever little picture. So I will post it :D

WTF-hax.jpg

Thanks for that 'very' helpful post,,,,,

Viper,, what you are seeing is just being on the internet, probes, scans etc, most are infected pc's trying to get to you.

That's really odd. Thanks tho. That picture made my day, although it was completely useless. Basically, why would other ISPs from other countries keep probing me? Something is completely fishy about that. Unless Comcast (my ISP) has ties with shaw. And why would china's railsystem be probing me?

Vipersfate said:
CHINA RAILWAY TELECOMMUNICATIONS CENTER

Not sure about the others, but part of that IP group is on the PeerGuardian2 blocklist. Been doing any illegal torrenting lately? :D

Just kidding. But you should keep it blocked just to be safe. You might want to look into PG2 if you are getting hit like that though. There's probably alot more that McAffee isn't picking up. Most likely they're just compromised computers randomly scanning. The computer(s) in question are probably operated by users of a Chinese org. who don't know they've been compromised like jajmon pointed out.

Btw not to backseat-mod, but any kind of 'harsh/foul' language is not really permitted on these forums. I have to keep reminding myself about that. :rolleyes:

Back