• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what should i upgrade in there and with what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ataxy

ok i am getting a toshiba a65-s1062 from Xenocide it comes with a pretty straight package
celly 2.7 (128k L2/400mhz fsb)
Ati 7000 igp 64mb (automaticly switches to 128mb if ram is 512+ but can also be force true the Ati cc)
256mb of integrated ram with one upgrade slot that supports up to 1gig of ram
40gig 4200rpm hdd
24xcd/8xdvd (no burner and i dont need one on it)

now i know that since i plan on rolling cad/cam software on it the 256mb of ram or should i say 192mb since 64mb goes to the onboard vid so it wont be enough so i was planning on getting first a 512mb stick to up the ram wich will leave me with 640mb ounce the onboard vid takes 128mb for it, now after that i am a bit clueless since i have been using amd cpu for a long time for my desktop and i had only one lappy in my life wich was a P3 500 with 256mb of ram, so even with no upgrade i will see a boost with that new one.
So whats next the CPU, the hdd or should i take my old armada m700, for wich i am planing on trading for the 512mb ram and maybe something else, and the the toshiba and try to trade it for another machine to a local used computer store....now keep in mind i wont have more then 50$cnd or 38$usd to put money wise aside from the value exchange of the m700

Back