• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x1900 crossfire edition is crashing.. what is the problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bestmaxx

Well as of right now i just have 1 of the 2 graphics cards in my pc.. Both cards are saphire and one is the master and the other is an xtx. Well, every time i run a 3d program, everything seems to be working right, but then maybe 1-10minutes later, it will crash.. Sometimes it locks up, sometimes i get a bluescreen error, etc.. Well im waiting on a nicer psu at the moment to come in.. Do you think my 500W aspire psu just isnt enough for the single x1900 crossfire card or what? I'm kind of nervous with all the product on the line.
I can not finish 3dmark05, some point throughout the program it does this. But i could sit here browsing the net all day.
I left my computer running overnight and i didn't have any problems.. I just left aim on and things like that.

Try to help me through this guys.

what are temps ? also what other hardwre are you runing in the computer ? maybe a power thing...

Running Sapphire CF motherboard
1 dvd rom drive
2gb ram
1 of those x1900 cards
amd 64 3500+

its at 44C idling and my card is underclocking from the ATI overdrive thing.
500vpu mhz
594gmem mhz

i am 99% sure as well
that guy with the 520watt is an OCZ power stream.

wattage doesn't mean anything after you have like 500+

its 12v rail then.. well i guess if you go sli/cf then it matters. but im sure your psu isn't supplying enough power.

Ok, i don't know if this helps, but after watching movie clips for like 30mins i got another bluescreen error. I am leaning towards power being the thing to.. I mean it says to make sure to have 34a psu, and my aspire is a 34a... But everyone is saying that aspires 34a is at a crazy peak or something, and isn't really possible.. So I don't know.

Well one is on its way, but if my 500w wont even run 1 properly, maybe its time for a 700w, because i have 2 of these cards.. i didn't even bother attempting to hook 2 up lol.

thats your best bet right there. there's an OCF member selling a 520 powerstream and moving up to that PSU for CF, that PSU was reported as handling overclocked setup with CF no problems, on a side note my 520 powerstream does the job perfectly with one x1900, 2 roms, 3 hard drives, and the rails DO NOT move when going from idle to load and I see no "jitteriness"

Its not about the total Wattage...

And aspire 500W has the same amount of power in total as the 3.3v line on a Powerstream 520w.

Aspire PSU's = Weak n Cheap. Ratings are max output... think PMPO on speakers

OCZ Powerstream = Sustained output, 520w actually peaks at 650W.

I would imagine it could be, the current is probably drooping and very irregular and during one of these droops the power draw to the card can be so much it might take away from the cpu and bang blue screen or vice versa also....

the aspire is rated in peak not in sustained

I MAY HAVE MORE USEFUL INFO HERE:
Ok tomorow my 600w comes in but im still messing with this 500w.

I downloaded SISOFT Sandra lite, and got some useful info.

MY CPU SPEED IS 74C at idle! That sounds bad doesnt it..

Back