• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting article on Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this is a truly great post thanks for the link it was a great read as ive often wondered just what all went on behind the scenes after i placed my order.

I stopped reading it after the first page where it said NE sweetened the deal. I'm not throwing a bad onto NE, but "sweetening" kind of sours a review for me. Bear in mind that I'm a long-time and(at least I think), a very good NE customer.

stool said:
I stopped reading it after the first page where it said NE sweetened the deal. I'm not throwing a bad onto NE, but "sweetening" kind of sours a review for me. Bear in mind that I'm a long-time and(at least I think), a very good NE customer.

Well, read all the way up until the conclusion. For the first few pages, all they are doing is describing the operation of the business. You can't really be bias on HOW their ordering/packing/shipping system works.

Really, they never even reviewed newegg. They never rated their customer support, their quality control, etc. They just told you how the system works. One of the reasons I like anandtech is because of this. It's very unbiased.

The "Sweetend the Deal" part is basicallly the fact that tehy threw in 5 X2 4600+ for a sweepstakes on anandtech. Not a bad deal I do declare :).

muddocktor said:
Maybe they will let me write an article on them and give me 5 processors too then. :D

When you have a website with thousands of visitors, where their focus is on what newegg sells, then yeah... Newegg will probably give you a couple CPUs in return for giving them an article about them.

;)

Awww shucks, I was hoping they would help me start out. ;) :D

I just read the article and it was really interesting, to say the least. Really neat setup Newegg has in California.

Nice read ... thx ;)

Kinda makes me wish I still lived in Pasadena , CA (15 miles from the Egg) ..... I'd go hit up Newegg for a job ! :p

Back