• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acompdude

Does anyone here use those quick connect fittings. If so has anyone ever had any problems with them. If so please describe.

Thanks

bartsimsonii said:
mcmastercarr should have what you are looking for.

Who/what is mcmastercarr? I am just wondering if those quick connect fittings are reliable or not.

Hate to double post, but are those quick connect fittings reliable or not. What are the chances of them leaking after testing them.

I've never used them before, but from what I've read they can be a pain to get the tubing on, but once the tubing is on there they work perfectly fine (provided that the tubing was indeed applied properly).

I am planning on using them so I hope they don't leak. How long should I test my entire system before putting it in my computer?

i've been using a set for a long time and never had them leak. a warning though, mine aren't loss-less so every time I disconnect my external box i'll lose some fluid. also, after a lot of use one of mine wont make the connection right away so i'll have to plug, unplug, replug it. i believe they're colder quick disconnects.

crimedog said:
i've been using a set for a long time and never had them leak. a warning though, mine aren't loss-less so every time I disconnect my external box i'll lose some fluid. also, after a lot of use one of mine wont make the connection right away so i'll have to plug, unplug, replug it. i believe they're colder quick disconnects.

Thanks for the info. I am not going to be using the quick disconnects though. I am talking about something like on the bottom of page 151 of the mcmastercarr catalog.

oh you mean like swiftech uses? i avoid them at all costs, perhaps someone else can help you out there:
5449kp5s.gif

I have quick disconnects. I don't know what I would do without them because my unit is external. If your Wc system is external I STRONGLY RECCOMEND you get these. WIll save you a bunch of time. The tubing is easy to slip over and everything. Get the ones from mcmaster carr, they are made by a company called colder that is very reliable. Get the no leak ones also.

crimedog said:
oh you mean like swiftech uses? i avoid them at all costs, perhaps someone else can help you out there:
5449kp5s.gif

Yea like those. I think I will return the ones I bought back to home depot and get some barbed ones if you say they are that bad. I decided to get a new waterblock and radiator anyway so I am not in a huge hurry.

Thanks

acompdude said:
Does anyone here use those quick connect fittings. If so has anyone ever had any problems with them. If so please describe.

Thanks
http://www.omega.com/Green/pdf/FTHFC35.pdf Are great. If your system is external you can't live without them. Had them for about a year. Never any leaks, will take alotta stress. The only thing is that they do discharge about 1-2cc each time they are disconnected (whats left in the cavity.)

Just for clarification I am talking about these type of quick connects. NOT quick disconnects.(although I am considering getting some of the quick disconnects.)

5449kp5s6cx.gif

crimedog said:
5449kp5s.gif

Apparently you should avoid them I havent had any experience with them.

Back