• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New water cooling pics!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIG RIDER

After about 9 mounths of running a TT kit I have upgraded to a DIY setup.

This is the old TT setup.

Here are the new parts.

Another view.

OOOOHHHHH! Naked card.

The wifes home get dressed........

Fitting the tubing.

Different angle.

I wish those were my temps, just the slave running the pump and fans.

This is the finished setup. The temps after a day have droped to CPU Idle 27c.

Edit: Ok, pics are better.

Last edited:
Thanks for the props. I need to figure out how to post pics right! I like how the setup looks, now I need to test how well it performs.

By the way, I like you sig quote..................

RIG RIDER said:
Thanks for the props. I need to figure out how to post pics right! I like how the setup looks, now I need to test how well it performs.

By the way, I like you sig quote..................

LOL, i forgot where i got that quote??? It's definitely true though!
As far as the pics, just use the Embeddable Code instead of the thumbnail code and you should be fine. All i do when i look at your pics is take the .th out of the link and it's full size.

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/1886/dscf11703pp.jpg

Rev said:
The old kit's tubes looked to be quite small. You should see much lower temps with that setup.

Yea, the TT is 1/4" tubes, Idle now is 27c...WOOT! That's down from 31~33c.
So far the only problem is the v-card temps are up? It may be I need to reseat the NV-68.

RIG RIDER said:
So far the only problem is the v-card temps are up? It may be I need to reseat the NV-68.

Defiantly, that cooler is topnotch, once you get it seated correctly that is.

Nice setup, looks clean and almost the same stuff as mine minus the card block.

Looks really good!

May I ask where you got those temperature readers from? They look very functional with no frills and whatnot. Also, about your GPU being hotter, it coult also be because now you are efficiently removing heat from your RAM aswell and that heat could be affecting your temps. More than likely though it is just a mounting problem. Have you checked what sort of impression it leaves (GPU/RAM thermal paste print on the WB)? Try cranking them tighter, with my Maze4 GPU I tightened them a great deal and it dropped my temps by 2C on load.

Good luck,
Bryan d

bryan_d said:
Looks really good!

May I ask where you got those temperature readers from? They look very functional with no frills and whatnot. Also, about your GPU being hotter, it coult also be because now you are efficiently removing heat from your RAM aswell and that heat could be affecting your temps. More than likely though it is just a mounting problem. Have you checked what sort of impression it leaves (GPU/RAM thermal paste print on the WB)? Try cranking them tighter, with my Maze4 GPU I tightened them a great deal and it dropped my temps by 2C on load.

Good luck,
Bryan d
I bought the temp probes and displays from http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...th=156&zenid=319045aa010ebf5ddb76f9d3dd13e582
The temp that I am concerned about is the GPU core temp, idle was 51c, now it's 68c :eek: I am going to reseat the cooler and see if that was the problem.

Stop it, you'll make my e-Pness grow!!!........... :eek:
I've been needing to change my RIG for awile now, and was pleased with the results so I thought I should share.

RIG RIDER said:
I bought the temp probes and displays from http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...th=156&zenid=319045aa010ebf5ddb76f9d3dd13e582
The temp that I am concerned about is the GPU core temp, idle was 51c, now it's 68c :eek: I am going to reseat the cooler and see if that was the problem.

Thanks for the link, I hope they get more instock of the blue ones soon.

Ouch 68C... my GPU Doesn't even come close to that on load! With my Maze4 I was getting 35/45 idle/load.

Hope you figure out your problems,
Bryan d

Thanks for the props on the install, I took time to try to do it right. The nice thing about the case is the room, but the pain is the weight of that monster.

The temps hopfully will get better with the remount as you said. Thats what I'm doing at the moment.

Back