• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement for PC P&C Turbo Cool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maviryk

Well, I'm not sure wether or not PC P&C will give me a warranty replacement, plus I need a new PSU in the meantime, so anyone have some suggestions as to what PSU's I should be looking at? I'd like it to be pretty strong in the 12v rail (has to be able to power my rig in sig) and the same quality as my PC P&C, preferably a little quieter, and with some sort of paint finish, any color but primer.

I'm looking at the OCZ Powerstream 600W, or maybe another Turbo-Cool, anyone have a better suggestion out there? My compy is limping along with an InWin 300w and a RaidMax 380w(quite possibly the lightest PSU I've ever come across...) at the moment, all stock.

Price limit... eh... keep it under 300 or so.

I'd look at Zippy and Etasis as direct replacements for PC P&C Turbocool units (OEM Win-Tact). The OCZ Powerstreams are very good, but not quite that good. And it would be the 520W I'd recommend - the 600W has shown itself not to be as powerful.

For your system, I would suggest either the Silverstone/Etasis Zeus ST56ZF (38A), or Zippy/Emacs PSL-6701P.

The Zippy will need a fan mod for silence, but is the strongest single 12v unit I know of. Downside is, at servercase.com the Zippy is flirting with your $300 budget. The Silverstone can be found for less than $130 though at Newegg and Sundial Micro.

Well I swapped out the fan on it, but that's not what caused it to blow, they wouldn't be able to tell that I swapped out the fan though because I left the original fan and connector intact.

However, user error was the main cause of the PSU blowout. I've determined that when I plugged in my Audigy 2 ZS bay, I didn't realize that the 4 pin molex wasn't lined up right, thereby shorting the 12volt rail.

They may or may not be supplying me with a new PSU, in either case, I still need a new PSU to get my main rig up and running again (at maximum OC) by this weekend for a lan party.

I wouldn't worry too much about your PCP&C warranty Maviryk. They are pretty
lenient from what I understand.

There was a post some time back where PCP&C gave the poster a full warranty
replacement even though it was obvious they were at fault. The poster even
told them so. If I remember correctly, it was a fan mod that went awry.

its nice to see someone hesitant about warentees because they know they where in the wrong. i say that because a lot of times i see people try and pass it off as RMA fodder blamed on the product.

knowing that you are in the wrong and not expecting anything but asking anyway is cool though in my book , believe it or not them replacing a user error psu does them UBER advertising as it is not to mention its always worth asking.

that being aside i would ask them because in all honesty i get more requests for PCP&C PSUs than any other and they have always been number 1 in voltages regulation and all round quality ( you can paint the outer shell too )

Yes I too say look into a RMA while mentioning that its possibly your fault, what could go wrong I mean they deny it - you were planning on getting another one anyways or They accept and you get another high quality PSU. Seems like a situation worth exploring to me.

Update. PC P&C fixed it. Blown switching transistor.

Now I have an Antec TPII and a PC P&C Turbo Cool.

Still love the PC P&C Turbo Cool, 12.11/12.08 Idle/Load for rig in sig!

I have some parts coming in, gonna have enough to build a complete second computer, Dothan setup.

Cool, glad it's all fixed now. Told you PCP&C was pretty lenient with their warranties.

Haven't had to deal with their warranty department myself yet, but good to know if I ever do.

Back