• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

g71 release date?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most say late March or around that time. My guess is that it'll be a bit too expensive for it to be too popular, other then seeing benchmarks beating X1900s, except it may be $200 more expensive then the X1900...

Errr, everything i've seen indicates that nVidia is pricing this at X1900 levels...theres no point in releasing a new product thats more expensive than the one its replacing, seeing as a) its cheaper to make the GPU (90nm vs 110nm) and b) no-one would buy it.

so by summer, would you say the 7800s will be CHEAP?

cuz i'm looking to purchase a new pc this summer, probably AM2, and was hoping get a 7800gtx or so.

Mua ha ha ha ha!
March 9th you say?
My 90 day limit on eVGA's tradeup program is going to expire on the 15th of March, that should be perfect timing. Best I should email them and see if I can arrange something...

futura2001 said:
Mua ha ha ha ha!
March 9th you say?
My 90 day limit on eVGA's tradeup program is going to expire on the 15th of March, that should be perfect timing. Best I should email them and see if I can arrange something...

Yepper I would

kwongnewman said:
so by summer, would you say the 7800s will be CHEAP?

cuz i'm looking to purchase a new pc this summer, probably AM2, and was hoping get a 7800gtx or so.

Supposedly in an article someone posted, they said that nvidia just made its last batch of chips, so they should be gone pretty soon. Again it's just speculation...

Inside sources just revealed an eVGA 7900GTX launch date of Feb. 29th, 2006 on Anandtech.com. BFG's launch is March 1st.

Well, I bet it made quite a few of you at least look?? :santa:

dominick32 said:
Inside sources just revealed an eVGA 7900GTX launch date of Feb. 29th, 2006 on Anandtech.com. BFG's launch is March 1st.

Hmmm I would like to see who will perform better ATI OR Nvidia?

Well, I bet it made quite a few of you at least look?? :santa:

geforce 7900 is probably going to cost $799 just like the 7800gtx 512mb did when it came out. I expect it to crush the x1900xt

When the 7900 range comes out will they stop producing the series 6 line from the 6200 to the 6800GS. I mean the GS has just become available over hear in the Uk so they could stop it all of a sudden.

Should be out within a month or so. The 83.62 drivers have support for a 7900GT and a 7900GTX.

Back