• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Ultra-D which nforce drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

No, I showered
I feel a bit stupid asking this but here goes. I was trying to download drivers onto my new USB memory key a couple of nights ago and was surprised to find that there are apparently 42 different versions of the Nforce 4 drivers. Okay, I exaggerate. Still, there are several and I wasn't sure which ones would be correct or how much it even matters. Mainly ther are two different versions and I wasn't sure which to go with. There's Nforce 4 AMD Version: 6.70 Release Date: October 26, 2005 and then Nforce 4 AMD/Intel X16 Version: 6.85 Release Date: February 2, 2006. Obviously the latter is a newer version and the Ultra-D DOES have an X16 slot so that's what I went with. Haven't tried setting up my new stuff yet though so don't know if it'll work or not.

Well I was trying to avoid getting a driver that's several revisions old. There is a reason they come out with newer versions I've found.

6.70 are the ones you should use, only thing to beware of is people running SLI had better results with the rev before... which were 6.66

the only thing of any value for the ultra-d on DFI site is the realtek driver for the onboard, thats the best version to date. It used the least cpu cycles.

Back