• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cmos Checksum Error - Bootup Hangs.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anwar1337

Well about last week I got parts for a second rig and the case didnt arrive till later so I decided to hook up the system outside of a case on my desk. I got a
DFI Nf4 Ultra-D
4000+ San Diego
OCZ 1gb Gold Edition 2.5-3-3-8
Radeon x800
WD- 74gb Raptor
MSI 500W P/s
and an XP-120 / TT fan.

The case arrived yesterday and before this everything was working fine i was on the computer and all was well. I put everything in the case and then power up and it says "Boot up Sequence has Changed" Press F1 To continue or Del to go to bios settings... After that it just freezes, so I cleared the CMOS and rebooted now it says "Cmos Checksum Error - Defaults Loaded" After it says that, I cant hit delete because it seems the Keyboard hasnt been turned on by the system and the system just sits there doing nothing. I tried removing the battery and clearing the cmos at the same time, still the same thing. Should i Try a ps/2 keyboard to see w/ that maybe I can get into bios settings? Please helP!!! :[

I solved the problem, I tried the PS/2 keyboard that I luckily found and I got it to work :]. ~

Back