Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards
Forum Jump

DFI Ultra-D Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 02-20-06, 05:47 PM Thread Starter   #1
arkhile

DFI Ultra-D Question

Hi, a friend of mine asked me to buy him a dfi ultra d board, he gave me the cash and I paid for it on newegg, which was like 150 bucks back in the day now its 120ish, my friend being a dumbass threw out the box to the mobo, we also bought a processor for him, an a64 3000+, which he also threw the box out, and its a retail processor. Now newegg says on the AMD processor it has to be done through the manufacturer, do you think they would allow me to RMA it without the box? and on the motherboard, since he doesnt have the box for that either I can RMA that through newegg, but do you think it would be a big deal if I ship it back in an old NF2 box? I mean the product is still the same just the box isnt... He paid like 130 bucks for the ram and its 2gb patriot ram, selling it to me for 30 bucks and he paid 150 for the DFI board and selling it to me for 70... I also have the dead processor he gave me for free for me to fix or RMA
arkhile is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 02-20-06, 07:48 PM   #2
osiris999

when i did 2 rma on an asus board they told me not to put it in the box it came in. they well go by the serial number to tell when it was bought and all that. the box tells them nothing.

asus 5870
water cooled
corsair 850 hx
osiris999 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-20-06, 09:24 PM   #3
Bios24

I wouldn't worry about the box. I highly doubt they would refuse an RMA because you don't have the original box.

320gb+200gb Seagate - XFX 6800GS 500/1.2ghz
Sound Blaster X-Fi - BA7900 5.1 Surround
Thermalright XP-90C - <The Quiet Overclock>
[ HEATWARE ]
Bios24 is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards