• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AoE 3 vs. RoN:T&P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SunTzu69

I am looking to get back into some RTS gaming. I am wondering which of the following:

Age of Empires 3
Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots

... would be best in terms of getting me interested in that type of game again. I am looking for something with a bit of longevity to it. AoE seems to be where it's at for graphics, etc., but RoN seems to have the wide scope of content in terms of technologies, etc.

I would appreciate your thoughts and experiences on this.

Thanks

I never played RON, but I have AOE 3. It took all but 3 weeks for me to give up on AOE 3. It is in fact, very beautiful. The game play sucks overall however, its either rush here or rush there. If you are a fan of AOE 2 (Age of kings) I would say savor the feeling you have for the series and not get AOE 3 because it just disgraces the AOE games when it comes to gameplay.

You guys have confirmed my thoughts on it by just reading the reviews of AoE3. Thanks guys, I'll stick with RoN:T&P.

Gameplay / content > Eye candy (for an RTS)

Back