• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i'm fed up with this....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sifu quoc

+ Attempting to send results
- Reading file work/wuresults_00.dat from core
(Read 282441 bytes from disk)
- Connecting to server (171.64.122.112)
+ Network send failure
- Error: Could not transmit unit 00. Keeping unit in queue.
Trying to send all finished work units

- Reading file work/wuresults_01.dat from core
- Connecting to server (171.64.122.112)
+ Network send failure
- Error: Could not transmit unit 01. Keeping unit in queue.

- Reading file work/wuresults_02.dat from core
- Connecting to server (171.64.122.110)
+ Network send failure
- Error: Could not transmit unit 02. Keeping unit in queue.

- Reading file work/wuresults_03.dat from core
+ Network send failure
- Error: Could not transmit unit 03. Keeping unit in queue.

- Reading file work/wuresults_04.dat from core
+ Network send failure
- Error: Could not transmit unit 04. Keeping unit in queue.

- Reading file work/wuresults_05.dat from core
+ Network send failure
- Error: Could not transmit unit 05. Keeping unit in queue.

- Reading file work/wuresults_06.dat from core
+ Network send failure
- Error: Could not transmit unit 06. Keeping unit in queue.

- Reading file work/wuresults_07.dat from core
+ Network send failure
- Error: Could not transmit unit 07. Keeping unit in queue.

- Reading file work/wuresults_08.dat from core
+ Network send failure
- Error: Could not transmit unit 08. Keeping unit in queue.

- Reading file work/wuresults_09.dat from core
+ Network send failure
- Error: Could not transmit unit 09. Keeping unit in queue.
- Work queue full. Deleting oldest item

what should i do????

damn, that kinda sucks. is the screen saver version doing the same thing? are you going through a proxy? i think there is an ini file that you can open. try doing that and changing it so it uses HTML.

ive tried both the graphical and the text only version...

i also tried to manually send the units.... but it doesnt work either... all these are the villins and the 4000 frame ones too....

im using dialup, so there is no proxy....

im thinking about going back to seti... until they fix this final released beta....

i'd rather help humanity, than search for et.... but its more stable....

Hold on. We have someone around here that can help you, I am sure.

I do know that at certain times, the servers seem real busy, and won't accept the data units. But this has happened to me only 2 times in as long as I have been folding...

This will BUMP this to the top, and we will get you some assistance. We need you here folding.

Sincerely,

A fellow Minneapolitan...

I'm as frustrated as everyone else but I think we need to be patient. Ploaf and a few other members are on top of the new updates and are keeping everyone posted. I'm pretty sure that the problems are being addressed. Hang in there and hope for an update soon!

I know you guys, especially sifu quoc, have tried very hard to get this going and turning in work. Wish I had a satisfactory answer.

This has shown up in a few forums and not just here. Unfortunately I haven't seen anything that even remotely resembles a fix for the problem. One person says use the " -send all" switch another says that you have to send them in manually and individually like " -send 01" or " -send 02"
Another said he kept sending manually, for I don't know how long, until they were finally accepted. None of these seemed to be successful for some of the people that tried them. A few people deleted everything and started over. Not sure if they were succesful with that or not.
How's that for not much of an answer. Wish I could tell you more, but that's all I've seen. If I come by the forum articles that I mentioned I will post the links to them. If anyone else comes by something that could help could you please post them as well.

simon389 said:
does anyb0dy have any suggestions?

Are you getting the same error's sifu quoc? If so then I can't add anymore than what ploaf added later on. If it isn't, what errors are you getting?

I sure would love it if that lab could send some wu's!!!! :).

i just switched to 2.12 this morning, and im at skool now... so i will read the log later..... hope it works though...

I'm having the same problems on my personal box as well. Full queue full of completed units, and none are sending. How can I upgrade my core w/o losing these?

SickBoy

You should be able to just delete the current core. I don't know if it will send in the work in the queue though. Pretty sure that that is handled by the fah client and not the core. i guess it's a risk.
Don't have any answers yet for sending in the work other than the stuff that has already been tried.

yes my test box is not sending. :( no bother installing it on multiple PCs when they dont even send.:( i'm kinda losing the will to keep going. :( there is no easy way except to wait for a better version. :( I've tried everything. -send all -send1 graphical text whatever. :( it doesn't matt.er.............:(

Just got home from work. Two different machines trying to send finished work. No response to inquiries. My problem seems to be Stanfords server or my ISP. I've never had any other problems. Just this today. Can't fold if I can't get work. Got $500.00 worth of machine here built just to fold. Think I'll go get me a cold one and do some serious counting.:(

JetMech said:
Just got home from work. Two different machines trying to send finished work. No response to inquiries. My problem seems to be Stanfords server or my ISP. I've never had any other problems. Just this today. Can't fold if I can't get work. Got $500.00 worth of machine here built just to fold. Think I'll go get me a cold one and do some serious counting.:(

It's prbably Stanford's servers this time. It looks like hardly anyone is getting through. None of my machines were able to send last night, but a few of them received work after several attempts. I am also having intermittment problems connecting to parts of the FAH website. I tested my connection at all three servers at DSLR and all three were good(with the exception of the Megapath server which is almost almost under 1000 and it was at 700) meaning that there was no major backbone troubles and that info was getting past my ISP.

Back