• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVe is getting a New Server Cluster TOday!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevy8up

www.eve-online.com

Check the game out its a mmorpg in space. Ive been playing it for the past 5 months. Peak gametimes over the past month has close to 20,xxx people on. Over 100,000 subscribers. Great NPC killing and great PvP. Nice ship graphics, BIG explosions. This game has a Two week trial for free...yes its pay to play and yes I have TWO accounts..lol This game is SOOO in depth that it would take for ever on ONE character to Do different things in game. I have a pvp character and a mining character. I did however buy BF2 last nite cause the server will be down for about 10 more hours, hopefully thats all!!

laters,

kev

I know for sure they spare no expense when it comes to stability of there servers expecially slow downs but damn now thats what I call an upgrade :) In the beginning it was slower but they surely don't hesitate to upgrade now with the amount of subscribers and people on the servers.

Eve Online Website said:
2/21/2006 10:53:29 AM
Tranquility Hardware Upgrades Today 21st of February 08:00-08:00 GMT!
We're doing massive hardware upgrades to Tranquility, for 24 hours, starting 08:00 GMT on Tuesday morning. We're fully replacing all our proxy and application layer, a total of 70 IBM Dual Processor 64-bit Opteron Blade Servers, moving to a new hosting center and upgrading our internet backbones. In the coming months, we will procede with our database layer upgrades to 64-bit and further TMS Solid-State RAMSAN storage. We apologize for any inconvenience this upgrade may cause.

Tranquility Hardware Upgrades Today 21st of February 08:00-08:00 GMT!
We're doing massive hardware upgrades to Tranquility, for 24 hours, starting 08:00 GMT on Tuesday morning. We're fully replacing all our proxy and application layer, a total of 70 IBM Dual Processor 64-bit Opteron Blade Servers, moving to a new hosting center and upgrading our internet backbones. In the coming months, we will procede with our database layer upgrades to 64-bit and further TMS Solid-State RAMSAN storage. We apologize for any inconvenience this upgrade may cause.

Oh Lord, Give us this day our Opty Cluster, so that we may fold... And.. Oh, just STARE at it....

Very nice :) It's up for me... I'm playing right now.

I have no idea how. I clicked the icon, and clicked connnect... It patched me up, and now I'm finishing the tutorial :p

:(

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ping 157.157.139.10

Pinging 157.157.139.10 with 32 bytes of data:

PING: transmit failed, error code 65.

Ping statistics for 157.157.139.10:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>

If your newer and havn't seen what happens when major releases happen or huge server upgrades happen this is sort of what happens. They will bring the server up and everyone can see it online but you won't beable to log into it. This is just to test the server to see everything is running smoothly on there end. Then they will open it, sometimes a little at a time sometimes they will just let the floodgates open and have no cap to reopening the server.

The first 24 hours is as we call it the test period. Make sure you have a long skill and also make sure not to use a ship or carry anything valuable that you'd get ****ed at if theres an issue. Sometimes theres minor issues with the server and it will go up and down throughout the day, most of the time its localized in the game and they will just say avoid that area and they will reboot the server after a bit. If its widespread a server reboot will be in order.

Its always great when new things come along just be cautious and be smart about it ;)

ShadowPho said:
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG there was a patch released!!!! check it out at http://www.eve-online.com/patches/patches.asp after you get it open without closing eve online and IT EVEN CLOSES EVE FOR YOU :D .

*happy rant over*

I just got sick of installing patches and getting dumb errors when patches try to patch the running game...

I meant as in the eve autopatcher is smart enought to close the game if running :) .
Unlike some other games *cough cough*
Btw, how do you put skills in queue?

ShadowPho said:
Btw, how do you put skills in queue?

There is no queue system. There is programs out there that will have alarms or send you e-mails saying change the skill at such a time where it logs into the site and checks training times, and you can set up queues in that to see how long things will take to train and where it will leave you in the long run of things.

You just gotta select a long skill to avoid that issue. Back in the day there was some rare times where if you selected a skill it would actually complete the level by the time the servers where restarted. I had that happen 2 times to me, and kicked my self in the butt each time since I could of trained BS lvl 5 :) This was back when the game was new, and there has been a few times where it happeend to people over the past nearly 3 years. Its a rare thing but oh it feels so good when you complete a 10 or even better if it was a 60+ day skill in just a few hours of it patching.

He just means change skillz to a long one just in case problems arise and they have to bring it back down for like another 24 hours .....its a just in case thing...lol

kevy8up said:
He just means change skillz to a long one just in case problems arise and they have to bring it back down for like another 24 hours .....its a just in case thing...lol

Yup always safer then sorry. Expecially young in the game missing training time weather it be 30min or 24 hours can hurt a little bit in the long run of things.

ShadowPho said:
oooh I see :)
Doesnt this game has like save points in case of a crash?

They save it on a daily basis, when the server goes down each day. If not mistaken theres only been 1 rollback on the server since it was released. Was within the first 45 days of the game, bad patch, lots of issues and the server was set back if not mistaken 6 or 7 hours at the time.

Back