• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a cheap system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slowpoke2006

Hi. Im looking for a good cheap system. nothing fancy. Just something i can surf the web on and maybe play a game or 2 here and there. Somewhere in the price range of about 400-500.

thanks
james

With or without keyboard, mouse, and monitor?
What kind of games?

I just did a similar setup for a friend for $400 and it was pretty bad *** for the price.

DumbstixLars said:
I spent about $380 on the Sempron setup in my sig, I can play BF2 on it on all medium settings.

Wow, that's nice. Does that include Monitor, or just the tower?

Slaps said:
Wow, that's nice. Does that include Monitor, or just the tower?

That just the comp, no keyboard, mouse, or monitor. However, I put it in a $90 Q-pack case. You could go cheaper on the case, buy a good PSU (I have a 350W Fortron that has been great $35), a $7.00 Logitech keyboard, and a $10 Logitech optical mouse. I picked up a good Envision 17" CRT for $60 after rebate, that should come in under your $500 limit.

MSI MOBO: $55
AMD 2800: $75
PSU: $35
Ram 512 stick: $35
80 gig HDD: $55
DVD burner: $40
Cheapy case $25
KB: $7
Mouse: $10

That's $337 before shipping (I bought most of my stuff at Newegg). The only thing I really changed later on was I jumped up to 1gig of ram. It's my mobile gaming comp and it works great, I really like it a lot.

Back