• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1900XTX & New Omegas = Unknown Device?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

I installed the new omega drivers, and windows seems to notice the card, but there's still two "unknown devices" in my Device Manager.
As you can see, there is two unknown devices. Windows keeps pushing me to install drivers for them, but I have already installed the drivers for my card, so I'm not sure what to do.
owned6if.jpg

SO that's for sure what the problem is? Will there be anything conflicting? And what exactly do I have to download?

Herr Rogers said:
SO that's for sure what the problem is? Will there be anything conflicting? And what exactly do I have to download?

Don't know for sure as I have not started to install these yet. Just a guess.

S_Wilson said:
Yes, unless you want CCC too. :)
big negative on that one.
I don't think anything would conflict. I dunno. I'm sort of afraid to try.
Wait, aren't these WDM drivers for capturing video and tv-tuning? I don't even have a cable-in on the back of my video card...

LATEST WDM DRIVERS, NEEDED FOR VIVO AND AIW CARDS: (3.9MB)

i ran into this problem when i installed the new omgea's also and then read the rest of the omega page ;) once i download the wdm drivers everything was a ok.... hope that helps

Herr Rogers said:
big negative on that one.
I don't think anything would conflict. I dunno. I'm sort of afraid to try.

Nothing to be afraid of, I promise. :D

Should be no conflicts. I just looked at my device list and there are two devices listed as

ATI WDM Rage Theater Video NSP
ATI WDM Specialized MVD Codec

I believe these are your two unknown drivers.

Well....I will install them tommorow. I have anther post up at a different forums, and I also PM'd omega about this. Thanks so much for you're help; you're probably right. You're using the omega drivers too? Did you hvae this problem?

I installed the WDM drivers and it worked. Omega has a link at his site saying that you need these, but I didn't see it. To anyone that has vivo on their card and is using the omega drivers, you will need the WDM drivers to get rid of the uknown devices. It's ok to use the ATI ones also, because that's what omega links to anywya.

I danno yet :(. Definately easier to work with though. I hate CCC. I don't remember my old 3dmark scores anyway so I wouldn't be able to compare them. I simply just like these more because they support good resolutions. ATI's ****ty drivers only supported 1920x1200....

Herr Rogers said:
I danno yet :(. Definately easier to work with though. I hate CCC. I don't remember my old 3dmark scores anyway so I wouldn't be able to compare them. I simply just like these more because they support good resolutions. ATI's ****ty drivers only supported 1920x1200....

yeah was wondering about games as far as IQ and FPS :)

do me a favor and see if you can adjust the HUE and saturation. In the regular CCC drivers under monitor properties, under attributes, then avivo color, theres the 2 settings for HUE and Saturation. Hue goes from -30-+30 Is set it to +15 and saturation goes from 0-200 I set it to 150... basically this gives the same effect as digital vibrance did on my gtx :)

it gives a much FULLER and vibrant picture for me especially in 2d but i notice in games also, with the 6.1 omegas these 2 things were greyed out and it sucked !! can you see if you can change these 2 things for me please ?

Back