• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Alright, in order to make my computer faster and expand storage capacity I'm swapping out my two old 80gigers for a 74gb raptor and a 250 seagate. Simple enough, So I get the drives, backup all the data onto the 250. Take out all the drives, put in the raptor so I can install the OS on it....well anyway that's where everything just went to hell. After trying for 4 hours to slipstream SATA drivers from a CD...details aren't important but it failed.

Anyway, I finaly get a floppy drive, start the install....only to find that when I load the drivers windows hangs on windows setup is starting (the blue screen where it starts to just load drivers)....I'm ****ed so I put everything back with the 80 gb's and now that won;t even boot...where you normaly get a ntdl key missing or whatever it just hangs. I've tried all combinations of SATA ports, PATA drives, and whatever and same damn thing. I can't get past that one stage....and it's not the CD I think because with the 80gb's in only I'm able to go past the windows is starting thing.

So I'm thinking of scrapping my motherboard (seems like the problem)...but looking at AGP boards it looks like it'll cost to like 75+. If I do that I might just goto pci-e....but that's another price jump and I dont know how much I can get from my current card....I'm just pretty damn pist at my gigabyte mobo....any have any suggestions?

you might have to have the Bios re-identify the drives, or reset configuration data-

The driver is always recognized when it's connected to the onboard SATA controller...however, when I try connecting to the SIL controller sometimes it sees it sometimes it don't....I never tried to do the install if the SIL controller didn't see it....but hell I'll try I've seen stranger things with computers.

Back