• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If your X800GTO doesn't unlock - so what.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LesterP

If your X800GTO doesn't unlock - read this.

A little voltage goose on the core to 1.5v and voila. knocking on 7000

Last edited:
Flip-Mode said:
Volt mod?
he said the core has 1.5v so you know it's voltmodded. Looking at the temps it's probably water cooled also.

Nice clocks on the core.

HousERaT said:
he said the core has 1.5v so you know it's voltmodded. Looking at the temps it's probably water cooled also.

Nice clocks on the core.
What I meant is if its physical volt mod or can the GTO be BIOS modded like nvidia cards.
Of course its one of those, I'm not stupid.

cat 5.13 drivers. card is water cooled and unfortunately x800 volt mods are all hard mods, no bios joy. i did the pencil mod on the core and vdimm after many soldering mods in the past that, while much better and more flexible, are way more time consuming to do right.

thing is most of these GTOs with non-r430 cores (r430 cores are on all X800xl and now on some 16 pipe GTO2s and don't o'c well at all) get in the high 500s, so these really are great/cheap cards.

Last edited:
made it to 7k w/ 12 pipes (vcore at 1.65v - went ahead and soldered a pot on - couldn't help myself)- not artifact free, but nice none the less.

Last edited:
Good scores!!!I need to do the pencil mod on my x850pro... see sig for details... I score 6450 3dmarks.... Need to get over 7k hehe....

Do u have any links to any guide for the pencil trick?>??

is ur c3d x800gto samsung 2.0ns memory??
i have trouble running pass 560mhz... how u get that high? what's ur voltage for VDD/VDDQ?

Back