• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD XP overclockability acorrding to Core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Locutus-of-Borg

AMD XP overclockability acording to Core?

Hi all,

my first post here :D

But I wanted to ask if there is already something known about the cores of the new AMD XP processors and how they relate to how good they are in over clocking?
I know there was a great line up in AMD Thunderbirds' cores (like AXIA core was very overclockable, but AJIA or something was not).

So is there something known about the cores of the AMD XP?

Last edited:
I suspect that the reason you haven't had any replies yet, is that no one knows anything. I don't either. But I didn't want you to think we were just ignoring you. :)

The XPs are still new, and there's some real problem getting them unlocked. I suspect we just don't have enough information about different steppings yet.

nihili

nihili said:
I suspect that the reason you haven't had any replies yet, is that no one knows anything. I don't either. But I didn't want you to think we were just ignoring you. :)

The XPs are still new, and there's some real problem getting them unlocked. I suspect we just don't have enough information about different steppings yet.

nihili
Yeah, but I can buy a XP1,47 (1700+) for about 210$ that is already 100% unlocked :p

Not sure if i remember right but there was something about the stepping(thinking........thinking). Something about a "G" or a ohh what was it.....I think "J". Dang i can't remember. I'll look around and get back to this. BUT if i DO remember right the "G" seemed to be the better overclocker.

Back