• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best dedicated firewall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I tried Ipcop and them. I just like Smoothwall has alot of mods and easy to use. I am wokring on my Second one now.

Lotec25

Thespis377 said:
Cisco PIX 500 Series(that is, if you don't have a Cisco 6500 that can take a FWSM).

Considering 'most' here have limited funds, and are looking for something cheap or free, a $400+ appliance prolly falls out of the realm of context. It may be good/best (best is subjective) I'm not knocking the product, just saying it's prolly outside of the scope of what the poster is prolly looking for.

jajmon said:
Considering 'most' here have limited funds, and are looking for something cheap or free, a $400+ appliance prolly falls out of the realm of context. It may be good/best (best is subjective) I'm not knocking the product, just saying it's prolly outside of the scope of what the poster is prolly looking for.

I understand that, but the question was what my opinion is. In my opinion, it's one of the best. The poster didn't specify if this was for their personal use, or if this was just an informal poll. So, I expressed my opinion. If it doesn't help the poster, it might help someone else in the future.

Back