• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pent D 805 results thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
welp, i figure since the 805 just came out and is the cheapest dual core chip on the marker, people are starting to buy them up. So lets see some results people :D ~ if these puppies hit 4ghz then thats just wow for the $$$!
current going price is $147 shipped @ newegg/zzf

Nice cpu for this price ( 152$ in Poland).
I have one from 3 days and for now stock cooling @ 3,8 GHz :) .
If i find some free time i will try with better cooling and maybe better mobo ... P5LD2 atm, but finally passed 5K in 3DM06 :p

abe08 said:
Nice cpu for this price ( 152$ in Poland).
I have one from 3 days and for now stock cooling @ 3,8 GHz :) .
If i find some free time i will try with better cooling and maybe better mobo ... P5LD2 atm, but finally passed 5K in 3DM06 :p

LOL omfg 3.8ghz STOCK cooling? vcore? mobo? give us more info on your rig please :) Mine should be here TODAY, I will post results :)

Asus P5LD2, 1,4-1,45V max, intel box cooler, enermax 600W psu, 2x512MB PDP DDR2-700, X1800XT so nothing special :).
I have hope that i will pass 4GHz on better cooling.
And you're right this board sucks :p
Couldn't set vcore above 1,45V - won't boot. Sometimes won't run at all after saving changes in bios.
I still don't have time to check it with better cooling etc... I will post it with screen shots or something when i will find some more free time.

good luck with your cpu :)

Abe, are you sticking with air cooling on your 805? I find the Scythe Ninja very effective for my (single core) 4GHz 506. I'd love to upgrade it to a 805 at 4GHz, but of course I've got to change motherboard and memory to do that. I am pretty sure I've got the heatsink for it, though, and recommend the Ninja with a ~1600rpm 120mm fan to you if you haven't already decided the form 'better cooling' is going to take in your machine.

In any event, welcome to the forums. It's always fun to hear from OCers the world over.

Maybe in this weekend i will find some time to bench it with water + pelt cooling - i have to make 24V psu first :p ... and i have to change board ( why i wrote in last post ).
For 24/7 i will use water or good air cooling ( like ninja or tt typhoon that i have in other pc :) )
I'm usually posting in 3DMark Team topics so you can check my scores there :) ...with 805 will be soon :p

Thx, I have fun with that as well :)

abe08 said:
Asus P5LD2, 1,4-1,45V max, intel box cooler, enermax 600W psu, 2x512MB PDP DDR2-700, X1800XT so nothing special :).
I have hope that i will pass 4GHz on better cooling.
And you're right this board sucks :p
Couldn't set vcore above 1,45V - won't boot. Sometimes won't run at all after saving changes in bios.
I still don't have time to check it with better cooling etc... I will post it with screen shots or something when i will find some more free time.

good luck with your cpu :)

Which Bios are you using..I just received mine and it wont even post when i put my new 805 in...wtf...right now I am back on my 640...

try updating your bios with old chip then swappng in new dual core ..?

maybe?

I updated to latest bios before I swap out my 640. Well anyways it is working fine now about I swap back my 640 and to 805..meh..werid...

Idling at 52C or so..boot up at 3.6ghz fine..going to run dual prime in a min. THis is at 1.35v core and will not boot at 3.8 or 4ghz at 1.35v. Seems this chip is not that bad so far :)

untitled8tj.jpg

wonder how that stacks up against an opteron 165.
first guess? not so well, longer pipelines.

someone care to benchy these two cheapo dual cores back to back?

Yup at half the price... Besides I've heard these are hitting 4ghz on so-so air.

So Opteron @ 2.6 vs P-D at 4.0

It will be close and half the price. P-D wins bang for buck by a fair margin.

well you heard wrong. they most def not hitting 4ghz on "so so " air i can gaurantee you that much.

plus they need to be benched against an opteron first, until then i highly doubt "it will be close" too.

that said, i will believe it if i see it.

Well, if a PD 805 is half the price of an Opty 165, I'd have to agree with the other guys. PD 805 wins by default, the Opty 165 would have to be twice as good and it won't be. I'm not saying the Opty isn't fast hell I'd bet it'd be much faster but not twice as fast as the PD.

I left my computer dual priming this afternoon and went to work, got back my comp rebooted..I guess it failed and not stable at 180x20. But I played few games of wc3 and it ran just fine..i'll try to play around with it a little more.

Spade said:
well you heard wrong. they most def not hitting 4ghz on "so so " air i can gaurantee you that much.

plus they need to be benched against an opteron first, until then i highly doubt "it will be close" too.

that said, i will believe it if i see it.

I agree that it does'nt look like they are reaching 4ghz by default, but they are getting close...

That said, this processor is the most amazing deal on the processor market just know, and in that sence it does beat any other dualcore available (yonah can be had cheap, but motherboards cost an arm and a leg).

I would imagine performance is comparable with a pentium -d, so basicly an X2 will beat it in gaming by a fairly big margin (depending on the game), and in everything else the margin will be pretty small.

Back