• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! problem with 3800x2 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chimera_

Hey so heres the situation...
I'm abit of a noob to overclocking, but i have a reasonable idea.. read up on articles for awhile etc.

So.. heres the clock 2.0ghz -> 2.7ghz...
lowered LDT from 4x -> 3x
ram div set to 166
htt set to 270
votage upped to 1.4v

Okay so after that sucessful clock.. no errors all stable WICKED.

because I'm feeling all awesome from this clock I go to this program called "Systools" from www.techpowerup.com

I found most of the program to be useful for the stability test (similar to prime95 and others) however there are some page that directly allow you to mainipulate the Nforce 4 chipset.

I dont know why, but I thought hey lets try lower some of the settings... so off I go.. RAS-to-CAS Delay from 3 bus clocks to 2 bus clocks.

so the computer restarts... comes up with an error about HAL or something.. so I reset bios back to standard... windows loads up fine.. cool..

I go clock it back to 2.7ghz loads up fine..

all of a sudden I'm scoring next to **** in all my cpu tests!!!
Sandra scores identical to the original clock of 2ghz when clocked at 2.7ghz!
Everest too!! I'm scoring around ~3900 on CPU Queen as aposed to around 5000 before!

Is there any possible fix for this? I've tried re-installing windows... the dual core patch... amd patch...nvidia nforce drivers...

Is there a setting which I'm overlooking which is making the cpu speed suffer?

my.php

Try resetting the CMOS and start over by using a smaller overclock and see what happens ,comparing it to stock.

If your going to test the memory timings I suggest memtest86, that way you don't have as much of a chance messing up your OS.

Also did you do a reformat or a repair? I'm not familiar with sytools but if you repaired windows the program may still be on there effecting the OC when you boot.

lol, reset cmos was the first thing I did.

I dont know what the problem was, but flashing the bios fixed it :D

back to uberness

oclockeverest5fx.jpg

oclocksandra2dl.jpg

:welcome: to the forum :)

That's a nice oc you got there, very similar to mine. I was able to push mine to 2.8ghz with 1.45v in bios (1.42v in windows read). If cooling is fine, you should have more room to grow.

Back